Vote for Your Favorite 2007 Innovators

December 21st, 2007

Voting is now live.

Congratulations to the finalists, and thank you everyone who participated in the nominations process. It was a long but amazing list of submissions, and there were lots of tough choices and debates to select the final 100.

You are invited to vote once a day through midnight pst Thursday, January 10 when the polls will close.

The award winners will be announced live at the awards ceremony on Friday, January 18 in San Francisco. Tickets will be released in the start of the new year.

Thanks again to everyone for your active participation, and happy holidays.

25 Comments

ehh? says:

23andme is in the best consumer startup? are you guys trying to make GOOGLE happy?????????????

fake.

ehh? says:

i can tell this is just a social events between you “bloggers” and the big companies. make them happy, so they talk to you first. disappointed.

JeffC says:

The angry and bitter crowd is out in full force this holiday season, eh? Congrats to all on the list, good luck.

Dan says:

I missed the memo that you needed to have a web2.0 name with missing vowels to be nominated. Keep this list, it will be good for a laugh in five years.

Oops, I meant, ” I missd the meme that YouNeeded 2have a web2.0 namr wit missing vowls 2BeNom. ListKepr laughr in 5yeerz.”

LonelyGirl15 says:

joe, did your company make the cut?

Richthofen says:

If you would boycott this by not giving empty argument comments, now that would be fresh sight.

(I apologize for this empty argument comment… NOT)

Richthofen says:

When you make an accusation, you have to prove it (in this case argue). If you don’t argue, you’re just whining, making you not much different than a WoW/CS whining kiddie.

As I don’t perceive the readers of TC as those (WoW/CS kiddies), I would like to hear some straight, objective and clear arguments as to why this is a fraud, sham, joke, etc. Maybe that way the guys at TC will also take your comments more seriously.

This is an event brought by TC. It didn’t go well in some accounts, next year it will surely improve with the possible mistakes that were made. Those who haven’t organized any kind of event (and I’m not talking about school plays or parties) are usually those who don’t value the effort of the organizers (not that I’m accusing you of anything).

Don MacAskill says:

I’ve gotten a few emails from potential voters that the voting page locks up and crashes IE. Normally I’d ignore one, but I’ve gotten more than one.

Alas, I don’t have IE on this machine, so I can’t check myself. Anyone else able to vote in IE?

Vote For Your Favorites: The Crunchies - GigaOM says:

[...] Malik, Saturday, December 22, 2007 at 9:09 AM PT Comments (0) Thousands of submissions later, the finalists for The Crunchies have been announced. It is time for you to vote and decide the winners. The Crunchies is a joint [...]

Rick says:

Whinning kiddie here,thank you.

Tiago Macedo says:

It works fine on IE6. I don’t have IE7 though.

Amit says:

Voting seems to be broken – Tried on FF, and IE 6. FF shows a page with the AJAX response, and IE6 wants to save some file.

Fix it! :)

edith says:

since when was the Wii released in 2007???
Kind of puts a damper on the whole thing for me. Very strange list in some of these categories.

Fred Oliveira says:

Amit: you need to have Javascript turned on :)

droper says:

You can just erase cookies and vote multiple times. How can someone fairly win this contest? Shouldn’t it be locked down by IP address?

Also, it seems that it is “the company with the most users” will win. Not, who is most likely to make money and actually succeed.

Staten Island NY Real Estate says:

To droper: you could also outsource the voting/clicking to some company in Bangalore…

Fat Man says:

is it too late for a site to be nominated?

Alexis says:

Yes it will be interesting to see what happens to these companies five years from now.

Lynne says:

would love to vote – can’t get the page to load and tired of trying!

djkslkufwoi says:

Gizmoz.com is the best.

yeah woow hooo

Staten Island Painters says:

Alxeis is right i will be intresting to see what happens in a few years. i wish the the best..

Staten Island Real estate agent says:

Landec Corp.

Landec Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of temperature-activated and other specialty polymer products for various food products, agricultural products, and licensed partner applications in the United States. Its polymer products are based on its proprietary Intelimer polymers, which are synthetic polymeric materials that respond to temperature changes.

Thats my pick.

ella says:

Thanks for your sharing.so wonderful!wish you have a lovely day and Happy New Year.
Hot sale MBTs
Cheap MBT shoes

Pioneer Car Stereo says:

Very useful article. Thank you for publishing great blog.

tubos de acero monterrey says:

I am not positive where you are getting your info, however great topic. I must spend a while learning much more or working out more. Thank you for fantastic information I used to be looking for this info for my mission.

« Back to text comment

1) Nominate your favorites

Starting today through Wednesday, December 12 at midnight pst, nominate the companies and products you believe most deserve industry recognition for achievements made in 2007.

2) Vote on finalists

The Crunchies Committee will choose five finalist companies for each award category based on the nominations submitted by the community. Voting will start Friday, December 21 through midnight PT Thursday, January 10.

3) Join the ceremony!

The Awards Ceremony will take place on Friday, January 18 at the Herbst Theater across the street from City Hall in San Francisco. It's an elegant, old world theater with 900 seats that will help give the awards the air of importance we believe they deserve. Seating will be reserved for finalist companies and event sponsors. A limited number of tickets are being released here to the general public over the next two weeks.

Blog Co-hosts

About the Crunchies 2007

The 2007 Crunchies is our first annual competition and award ceremony to recognize and celebrate the most compelling startups, internet and technology innovations of the year. The Crunchies is a collaboration project between GigaOm, Read/WriteWeb, VentureBeat and TechCrunch. Best of all, the internet community is invited to choose who wins.

The Crunchies are brought to you by GigaOm, Read/WriteWeb, VentureBeat and Techcrunch
Design and development by Webreakstuff | Hosted by MediaTemple